I was watching this video on internet marketing today and it got me thinking about somethings. The guy who was presenting the video was talking about rewiring your brain for success. He was saying, that all it take to get rich, is a mind set. I agree with him 333% but this is MUCH easier said than done.
Tell the average Joe on the street that the way to achieve wealth is to think different and he/she will definitely look at you like your ‘one of those people’. Now, we encounter a problem. How do we get the average person to start thinking different? The hardest part about this is that most people have spent years and years being told that there is a certain way to do things and if you don’t do it like this you will not be successful and I agree (to an extent). There is a certain way to do things BUT, you can be successful doing many things a “certain way”
Right now, my biggest challenge is finding out what it is I want to do. And for along time I was stuck in paralysis by analysis. For anyone that doesn’t know what that means, that’s when you just keep planning and planning and planning but you never do anything you planned. I need to change my mind set. I have to remember that planning and setting goals is great and necessary but what’s going to make those goals real is action.
Be all about action.
Now this can be easier said than done too. It takes a lot of discipline and self awareness. Somethings you can do are
- Have a daily routine: doing small amounts of things everyday will add up over time. When making your daily routine, try not to overwhelm yourself. If you want to read more then don’t say ‘i will read for 30 minutes everyday at 3’ try something like ‘i will read at least 1+ page a day during my free time’
- Think differently: I just talk about this some. But it’s very simple. Instead of saying to yourself “I can’t…” Say to yourself “I can and I will..” talking to yourself can go a long way
- Start small: this kind of goes back to the daily routine thing. Don’t bite of more than you can chew. You will discourage yourself. If you want to start going to the gym more or hanging out with friends more start small. It’s not about how much you do, it’s about you doing it in the first place.
Nobody is guaranteed anything. If you want to live a certain way, you have to deserve it. Ask yourself these questions..
- When I look in there mirror, who do I see and who do I want to see?
- Am I the person that I image myself being in my head?
These questions are very important. If your not trying to be the person you want to be, then what the hell are you doing?